2 Words for 2017

Sunday, January 1, 2017


Hey!!

Happy New Year!! We've officially made it to 2017! Praise God!

I'm not going to get on my soapbox and preach today, but I do want to tell you that God placed two words - two small words - on my heart for 2017. At first I assumed that maybe this was His personal word for me, but after hearing confirmation from a number of different places, I feel that this word is intended for everyone.

What are those two words?

Be Intentional.

That's it. Just be intentional. In all of your efforts throughout this year, I want to encourage you to just be intentional. God was intentional when He created you, so why shouldn't we be intentional in how we live the life He gave us?

God wants us to do things genuinely, not for surface value. Don't help someone so others can see you or because you want a reward; do it because it is the right thing to do and because it's what God charges us as Christians to do.

Do everything this year with the thought that your reward will be waiting for you in Heaven.

Keep Matthew 6:9-13, The Lord's Prayer, in mind throughout the year.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.

God Bless.

If you'd like to nominate someone for the "Faith Features series or share something (Bible verse, a song, or a message...anything!) that God has put on your heart or have a question or comment you would like to share, you're more than welcome! If you're interested in writing a post for "Weekly Blessings," offering up a topic suggestion, get in touch with me via FacebookTwitter, or Email; you can also simply comment below and I'll make sure to get back with you!

1 comment :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs