Weekly Blessings:Week 83: Being a Willing Vessel(Part 1)

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Image Credit: Love This Pic


Good morning, brothers and sisters in Christ!

I was recently talking to a brother-in-Christ of mine when he put me on something profound.

In so many words, he basically told me that, in order for God to do work in me and to restore me, I have to believe in it for myself.

Thinking back on this, God said this to me:

We have to be on one accord in order for this thing to work.

Here's what I think about when I hear that:

If you truly want deliverance and freedom, you have to get on board with what God wants. 

God tells us this in Proverbs 3:5-6


Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart, And do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him,and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. (Amp)


They keywords are "trust" and "acknowledge"

In order for God to work in and through us, we have to:
  1. Trust that God will do what He says - and He will. He always does.
  2. Acknowledge His presence in your life and the fact that He's willing to help.
Face it, folks: we can't go it alone. We need God to help us. We just have to be willing to let Him do what He said He's going to do.

I promise you, I know it's hard. We naturally want to go our own way. But I promise you, when you trust in the Lord and allow Him to take the lead, your life will be SO much better!

I do plan to come back to this message at a later date to expand upon some things, but I'm just going to leave this here for right now.

Have a blessed week, in Jesus' name!!

If you'd like to nominate someone for the "Faith Features series or share something (Bible verse, a song, or a message...anything!) that God has put on your heart or have a question or comment you would like to share, you're more than welcome! If you're interested in writing a post for "Weekly Blessings," offering up a topic suggestion, get in touch with me via FacebookTwitter, or Email; you can also simply comment below and I'll make sure to get back with you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs