August is in full swing, so you know what that means....back to school!
|The outside of my dorm building|
Heading back to school can already be a hassle, but when you are getting ready to go to college, things can get a bit more sticky than usual, especially if you're a freshman. Not only do you have to worry about planning your schedule, who your roommate is, or if you can afford to pay for your books; but you also have to figure out how you're going to survive living in your dorm!
|There's one half of my dorm room!|
Well I can tell you from personal experience that the key to comfortable living in your dorm is proper decorations. Properly decorating your dorm room can help keep you from being homesick and make you feel even more comfortable living on your own for the year!
How do I decorate, Jessica? I don't know where to start! Well I'm here to help! To give you some inspiration, here are some of my dorm room essentials:
- Bedding - You do plan to sleep in your dorm, don't you? Your bed is the most important part of your dorm and is the item that determines the theme of the room. Make sure that you pick bedding that is a reflection of your personality - it is your room, of course! Allow your bedding to describe you!
|Excuse my messy bed, but you get the point!|
- Throws - I don't know about you, but there were some days when I wanted to wrap up in something, but my comforter set was too heavy and hot - that's why you need a good throw blanket! Throw blankets are light, comfortable, and get the job done! They can also double as a great ironing board if you don't have one (just double the throw and lay it across your desk - works like a charm!).
- Mini Fridge/ Microwave - Let's be real, here - you're in college and sometimes Ramen just isn't gonna cut it. Make sure you have a refrigerator and microwave so you can have nice, cold drinks and other food options. And your refrigerator can become a decoration as well - all you need is some spray paint! Pick a color that goes with your bedding and go to town!
- Television - Maybe you don't like your roommate or you don't have any friends....Lol, I'm just playing! I think the TV is self-explanatory. Enjoy the free cable or make Netflix your best friend!
- Wall Hangings - The wall hangings help to make the room pop even more! Pictures of family, music posters, or paintings will help make you feel even more at home and make your room feel more inviting than ever!
|My room had a slight Jamaican theme ;)|
Now that I've given you so much inspiration on how to decorate your room, I have a surprise for you!
Get $20 off when you spend $200 or more at Parachute!
Use code BACKTOSCHOOL at checkout.
Offer expires September 15, 2015.
Now get to decorating! Let me know what you come up with!