Weekly Blessings: Week 47: Opening Doors

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Bok (That's "hello" in Croatian)!

This past week has been EXTREMELY hectic! From finals, to moving out, to graduation.....there's been a lot going on! So just bare with me...

Anyway, I read this interesting blog post by Rita MacDonald of Kitchen Table Devotions. The post was entitled, "Stop Opening Doors!" and it was very enlightening!

To put it in a nutshell, the post was talking about how we need to learn patience when it comes to God and His timing. She also discussed how we are prone to attempting to open doors by ourselves, which winds up putting us in situations that we didn't even have to be in if we would have just waited in the first place!

As I read this post I couldn't do anything but smile, because it stepped on all of my toes! I am notorious for over-thinking EVERYTHING, and trying to figure things out by myself! I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with this...

However, we have to remember that God has our backs every step of the way!

"But the truth of the matter is, He wants us to stop opening doors. He doesn’t NEED us to open doors. In fact, He doesn’t even need us to LOOK for open doors. He just needs us to be obedient, ready and willing to walk through the doors that HE chooses to open." 

Sometimes things may not look like they are going to turn out, but I promise that circumstances are right where God needs them to be for you to flourish. You just have to let Him work! Let me repeat that,
Let Him work!!

Proverbs 19:21 - [There are] many devices in a man's heart; nevertheless the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to [his] purpose.

Jeremiah 29:11 - For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Joshua 1:9 - Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God [is] with thee whithersoever thou goest.

I'm not sure who I'm talking to with this post, but I know there's someone out there who is stuck in a rut and needs hope. I just want to encourage you today and say this:

It's okay to feel stuck and lost sometimes; we all have been there and still go through it sometimes. But God has not abandoned you - He's been there all along! All you have to do is embrace Him and trust and believe that He will deliver you. Open your heart to Him and you'll see what I mean. All He needs is a "yes."

If you'd like to share something (Bible verse, a song, or a message...anything!) that God has put on your heart or have a question or comment you would like to share, you're more than welcome! If you're interested in writing a post for "Weekly Blessings," or offer an opinion or topic suggestion, get in touch with me via FacebookTwitter, or Emailyou can also simply comment below and I'll make sure to get back with you!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs