Weekly Blessings: Week 46: Making It

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Hey guys! Sorry I'm late. But thanks for stopping by!

The reason I was gone today was because I was at a funeral. It was a sad occasion, but I had a sort of epiphany that I'd like to share with you guys.

Seeing everyone coming in looking sad and people crying is a normal thing for a funeral, but the preachers always tell us to try and be strong in the fact that we know she's finally with the Lord. That got me to thinking....

This sounds crazy,but we should be happy when a loved one, a saved loved one passes away. Why? Because they made it out!

Let me explain myself before you get on my case....

All Christians know that our ultimate goal is to get to Heaven,right? And the only way to get there (unless you are Elijah) is to die,correct? So if one of our loved ones has passed away and we knew that they were saved, we know they reached their goal and made it into Heaven!

So why are we so sad when they pass?

That's only human nature to be sad when someone leaves this Earth - so don't think I'm telling you grieving is unnatural. It's perfectly fine or do, but remember:

".....weeping may ensure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."

This brought to mind a funny parallel: You know how some people may say they made it out of the hood or the slums? Think of the world as the slums or the hood....when someone passes away and they were saved, they made it out! So don't think about them being absent from your life (because their legacy and spirit will always be with you), but present with the Lord. And we honestly should be jealous, because they're actually much better off than we are!

Today's blessing was kind of short and sweet, but I just wanted to share and encourage you guys. Hope it helps!

If you'd like to share something (Bible verse, a song, or a message...anything!) that God has put on your heart or have a question or comment you would like to share, you're more than welcome! If you're interested in writing a post for "Weekly Blessings," or offer an opinion or topic suggestion, get in touch with me via FacebookTwitter, or Emailyou can also simply comment below and I'll make sure to get back with you!

2 comments :

  1. I love how honest and genuine you are with the message you're sharing. I think more people would be blessed by reading your epiphany on having loved ones pass away. It can be such a difficult thing to bear!
    I'd love to know some of your favorite Bible verses. One of my life verses is Romans 12:12 :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for reading and commenting! You're right, it's a harsh reality we all have to go through. But if we can just try to find joy in the Lord, He will see us through.


    Romans 12:12 is a beautiful verse! Some of my favorites are Isaiah 40:8, Romans 12:9, Psalm 11:4, and 1 Chronicles 16:8 :)

    ReplyDelete

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs