What is the Leibster Award, you ask?? Well, Leibster is German for "dearest," "valued," and "beloved," to name a few of the words it can stand for. This award is a sort of rite of passage kind of thing because it is passed from one blogger to the next; mainly newer blogs who have less than 200 followers. Basically, it's an awesome award and I'm proud to say I have it! :D
Rules for the Leibster Award:
1. Thank and link a person who nominated you.
2. Write the rules and display the award.
3. Answer 11 questions and write 11 of your own.
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers on their blog) and don’t forget letting them know that they have been nominated.
5. Write 11 facts about yourself.
- How did you get started blogging? What advice do you have to new bloggers?
- Well, at first I was totally against blogging. I seriously thought it was a waste of time and I didn't think that it was anything that would really help me in the long run. However, something kept pulling at me to try it anyway,so and did and now I love it! As far as advice to bloggers, I would say to do it for the right reasons. Don't go into blogging just to gain attention or make money; do it because you're passionate about something and you want to connect with people. I would also tell them to make sure to be open-minded. Don't be afraid to go out on a limb and connect with other bloggers or offer to give or do a guest post or two. You never know who could see your work and how many friends you could make!
- What’s one beauty product you swear by?
- Beauty product? Eh....I don't wear makeup lol, but I do love nail polish....does that count?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If I could live anywhere in the world, I would live in Jamaica. I've always loved Jamaican culture for some reason.
- What’s your favorite philanthropy/charity?
- I love so many charities....I'll have to go with Donate MS, which I will be discussing in an upcoming post. Just wait for it!
- If income and skill were irrelevant and you could literally have ANY job in the world, what would it be?
- If I could have any job in the world I would want to be a writer. That's it ha. That's my life's dream.
- When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried? (or maybe just felt like you had rock hard abs haha!)
- I laugh all the time ha, but the last time I just really had a good laugh was probably the last time I was with my best friend. There's no telling what we were laughing about. We're crazy when we get together!
- Who is one person you know in real life that has inspired you?
- There's so many people....I'll have to go with my best friend, Taye. He's been the best example of what a true Christian and gentleman is supposed to be like. He's also been the best friend./ big brother I could ever ask for!
- What’s your life motto?
- "Live Life. Love God. 'Nuff Said." Short and sweet.
- If you had endless money to spend at ONE store, where would it be?
- Hmm....Books-A-Million(sorry Barnes & Noble). I would move into that store if I could.
- When you’re having a rough day, what’s the one thing you know will cheer you up?
- Music! Anytime I have a bad day, I turn on some music and forget everything that plagued me. It's great!
- If you had to take one book with you on a deserted island, what would it be?
- Hmm...that's a hard one. I would probably take one of those short story collections from Reader's Digest honestly. That way I would have more than one story to read and it would take me longer to finish the entire book, which would occupy me for a longer time since I'm on a deserted island :)
Ashley of From A to Z
Leanna of Simply Adventurous
Alyssa of Lifestyles of the Poor and Unknown
Tanay of Life With Tanay
Anni of Grapefruitprincess ReLoaded
Starla of Pressing In and Pressing On
Raquel of Lifestyles of the Thrifty and Shameless
Jennifer of the beauty fort
Taylor of When I'm Older
Alyssa of it's effortlyss
- Ago years ago, did you expect to be where you are now? Why or why not?
- What's your favorite movie?
- Do you believe in love at first sight?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What's one of your pet peeves?
- Do you have any hobbies? If so, what are they?
- Did/do you like school? Why or why not?
- What is something you want to do before you die?
- If you could spend an entire day with a famous person, living or dead, who would it be?
- Have you ever had a crazy dream? What was it about?
Facts About Me:
- I usually hate talking about myself ha.
- I may write like I talk all the time but in person, I'm fairly trite.
- I love to bake. Pie, cakes, you name it!
- I love nail art. I've never been to a nail salon in my life; I do all my stuff myself.
- I love sneakers, even though my flat feet keep me from wearing some of them :/
- I'm terrible at Biology.
- I love board games. Not a huge video gamer.
- I'm fairly indifferent about most things, so I'm extremely easy to please.
- I tend to have a dry sense of humor.
- I don't smile a lot.
- I can't yell. Don't judge me. I just can't, ok!
Again, thanks Madeleine, and congrats to all of the nominees!